Saturday, April 5, 2014
I tried to do a mock up for a 'eurorack' style modular holder/case that doesn't cost much. For this I just used wood from the garbage, which is probably less than ideal but is free and great for prototyping. I used the cnc to cut the three main pieces out of half inch ply. It's probably better to go with MDF or at least five-eighths ply since the half inch seemed a bit warped. For the rails I used a straight-ish piece of three quarter ply cut with a jigsaw to the appropriate length and then manually drilled some pilot holes for the screws to avoid it splitting when adding the walls of the case. The next step is to use the cnc to put pilot holes in the rails themselves and figure out the power supply situation.
Posted by Scott at 10:51 PM